Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Media & Entertainment and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, having developed best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and having built significant positions in the HD arena.
The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships and selling Clear Channel assets as marketing solutions for radio. They will acquire, retain and deepen customer relationships. Account Executives proactively meet face-to-face and over the phone with customers to promote and sell advertising air time to generate revenue. The Account Executive creates revenue by having a deep understanding of their clients’ needs and the local marketplace. Depending on the market, this position reports to the Local Sales Manager or General Sales Manager.
· Generate revenue and meet / exceed established sales targets.
· Translate market & station business strategies into specific actions that generate sales & revenue.
· Monitor competitive media to continually prospect for new account leads.
· Market, sell, and service advertising air time.
· Establish, maintain, and deepen relationships with existing client base & agencies.
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with corporate, advertising, and public relations communities.
· Solicit funding for broadcast and non-broadcast projects, special events, web streaming, and other off-air projects.
· Develop presentations to corporations and agencies designed to sell marketing solutions.
· Maintain an organized format on each sales call, covering all important topics: client marketing analysis, target consumer needs, benefits sought, assignments, and follow-up.
· Provide regular reports to Sales Manager regarding prospective sales orders, daily call sheets, itineraries, new prospect lists, forecasts, and competition analysis.
· Service client accounts including preparing sales orders and production requests, resolve billing discrepancies, assist in account collections.
· Follow station/company practices/policies for processing, invoicing, calculation of sales.
Required Skills/Education & Certification:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· At least one year experience in a successful sales role is preferred (radio experience a plus)
· Ability to grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships.
· Prior demonstrated prospecting experience through cold calling, networking, and meeting functions.
· Proven track record of reaching sales targets and revenue goals.
· Knowledge of sales principles and practices.
· Entrepreneurial & motivated self-starter.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment.
· Self-motivated, assertive, performs well in a competitive sales environment
· Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures.
· Ability to design, delivers, and successfully executes targeted marketing plans and presentations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team setting.
· Ability to travel. Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance.
· Understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors preferred.
Various radio stations across Clear Channel enterprise.
Clear Channel offers a competitive commission-based compensation package.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.